Our veterans have given so much to our country. California CareGivers thinks it is time to give back. We have extensive knowledge on the Aid & Attendance Benefit for Vets in our area to ease their difficulties in life and help them find some measure of comfort and peace. We invite you to take a look at what we can do to help those who have served.
Aid & Attendance Benefit
Veteran Affairs offers veterans and their surviving spouses a special tax-free benefit called Aid and Attendance. This benefit is designed to provide financial assistance to help cover the cost of long-term care in the home.
Who is this benefit for?
This benefit is for those veterans and surviving spouses who require the regular attendance of another person or caregiver in at least two of the daily activities of living, such as bathing, dressing, eating, toileting, and transferring.
How California CareGivers Will Work With You
A comprehensive Long-Term Care Consultation and Assessment Interview, to determine the care you need and to ensure you meet all VA requirements.
- Must have served at least 90 days of active duty with at least one day during a period of war.
- Must have anything other than a Dishonorable discharge.
- A surviving spouse must have been married to the veteran at the time of his passing.
- Must require the assistance of another person to perform some of the daily activities of living.
- Must meet income and countable asset criteria established by the VA.
- Must be 65 years and older or totally disabled.
Eligible Periods of War
- World War II: December 7, 1941 – December 31, 1946, inclusive. If the veteran was in service on December 31, 1946, continuous service before July 26, 1947, is considered World War II service.
- Korean conflict: June 27, 1950 – January 31, 1955, inclusive.
- Vietnam era: The period beginning on February 28, 1961, and ending on May 7, 1975, inclusive, in the case of a veteran who served in the Republic of Vietnam during that period. The period beginning on August 5, 1964, and ending on May 7, 1975, inclusive, in all other cases.
- Persian Gulf War: August 2, 1990, through date to be prescribed by Presidential proclamation or law.
For more information about California CareGivers, or to schedule your free assessment, please call our office at (916) 478-2828 today.